Welcome to my blog! I hope to see your comment soon!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Im-a Blow That Up

Reggie paces as well as he can in his wheelchair as Lane gets the van ready. He does everything that Reggie tells him, using his quick wit to keep himself from blowing up--metaphorically of course. He knows that if Reggie were to actually understand his subtle sarcasm, Lane would have physically been blown up by the maniac already. Reggie snarls at Lane, "Pour me a shot'a that Turkey" as Lane replies, "Yes sir; [you've had] eight bottles and a pint" by now. Reggie doesn't care. All he cares about is blowing up the C-4 building. Earlier, when he had asked Lane his opinion on how the government treats disabled people, Lane replied, "I have had very little experience of it myself up to the present," and Reggie knew he had his man. Though, what Reggie perceived as weak and haughty, was actually a strong character hidden behind a facetious facade. As it gets closer to Reggie's ETA at the C-4 building, Lane drives the car more and more slowly. Although Reggie does not know this lack of rapidity is on purpose, he screams, "either move this van, or I'm a get real weird with it. I'm a blow it up!" Lane continues to drive at 10 miles per hour and calmly states, "I didn't think it polite to listen sir." He then guns the gas pedal, and jumps out of the car as it screams down the road, straight into a riveen. He rolls, brushes himself off, straightens his jacket and walks into the sunset; another crisis hidden by the behind-the-scenes, sardonic Lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment