Welcome to my blog! I hope to see your comment soon!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Singing Our Lives Away

Coming back to the new semester brought much foreshadowing of eventual demise for the use of brain power for seniors.  Yet, for me, I continue to power through and worry more about the new schedule than any sort of lack of motivation.  The first day (or two...or three) of the new semester bring stresses, but I never could guess how apprehensive my fellow students would become over the smallest of things.

You would think the stresses of picking up a new class at the semester or the continual arduous work our teachers demand that we do would stress my students the most.  But this is an entirely false claim.  The gossip of the day includes the fact that we must sing in front of our entire English class.  Being an AP course, we have been reared to react intelligently to prompts and other tasks that catch us off guard.  I saw a completely different reaction to this singing task.  Now, my voice is no gem, but I believe that people should feel less stressed about this than they do.  In our lives we will have to deal with much more difficult and serious requests than singing a tune in front of our peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment