Welcome to my blog! I hope to see your comment soon!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Is It Wrong or Is It...Left?

As I debated what to write for my blog, I yearned for something creative to display, and hopefully show off in front of the class on Thursday.  I've always felt that my creativity in this project has seriously lacked, at least compared to my classmates.  Then, I questioned why, which got me thinking about whether or not I am "Right-Brained" or "Left Brained," and how this helps me in English.  I've never known for sure, because I love math and science, but I also love to read and draw.  For those of you who do not know the difference, the right brain is visual and processes information in an intuitive and simultaneous way, looking first at the whole picture then the details.  The left brain is verbal and processes information in an analytical and sequential way, looking first at the pieces then putting them together to get the whole.
I took a quiz, hoping that it would clear things up for me.  I am going to college next year and love my classes too much to decide which one I would like to pursue as a career.  Of course, after answering a few "yes-or-no" questions, the quiz came to the same conclusion I have: I am dead center.  I know extremes in life are never good, but maybe it is easier and more productive to be decided about a trait of ourselves than to be unsure, which has never been the case in my life.  So, what are you--left- or right-brained? Take the quiz on the URL to find out!
http://www.intelliscript.net/test_area/questionnaire/questionnaire.cgi

1 comment:

  1. Lizzy, I did this quiz too and got that I am dead center between right and left brain, which surprised me because I've always thought I was more right-brained. But I guess it's true, because I understand analysis just as much as creativity, which really helps with English class.

    ReplyDelete